What are Essential Amino Acids?
Essential Amino Acids (EAAs) are a combination of 9 essential amino acids. EAAs consist of Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, Histidine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine and Tryptophan.
Why would you use them?
Essential Amino Acid supplements are generally 99% utilized by the body to make protein. No other form of protein comes close! The eight essential amino acids are perfect for omnivores, Paleo dieters, vegans, vegetarians, and ketosis. Benefits of each of the EAAs are listed below:
- Tryptophan encourages the release of vital neurotransmitters and hormones for sleep and mood.
- Lysine, if you are deficient, can result in a niacin (Vitamin B) deficiency and reduced immunity.
- Methionine supplies sulphur and other important compounds to promote optimum metabolism and growth.
- Valine assists with tissue repair and maintenance of correct nitrogen levels.
- Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and may be beneficial in anabolic (tissue building) reactions.
- Isoleucine is important for blood sugar control, muscle growth and repair and energy production.
- Threonine is important for antibody production and marinating a healthy immune system.
- Phenylalanine assists to stimulate the release of hormones such adrenaline and noradrenaline. This, in turn, assists the function of your central and peripheral nervous systems.
At Nutrition Supplement Co. we love Essential Amino Acids. They are great if you are watching your caloric intake, have dairy intolerances or just want a super effective protein source. They also avoid the need for heavy milky drinks! EAAs are a great addition to any gym bag.
Our favourite product with Essential Amino Acids is Cyborg Sport Ultra Lean.
Nutrition Supplement Co.
104 Brisbane Road, Mooloolaba, Queensland